Fairy Doors Discovered

In September of 2008, my husband and I heard some pounding in our house.  We were concerned as the pounding was unrelenting, and it seemed to be coming from behind a wall in the kitchen.  The pounding finally stopped and we really didn’t think about it any more….until…..Labor Day weekend arrived, along with all our grand-children.  Imagine our surprise when we discovered that fairies had taken up residence in our home!!

Sophie is introducing Bryan (our nephew) to the world of fairies at Grampy and Grandmama’s house.

We’ll have more to say about the fairies as time goes on, but I wanted to be sure to introduce all of you to our new tenants  (it is important to note that NO adult has seen a fairy..yet.   Every once in a while we will see the tip of a wing, and sometimes more than one wing.  The children claim that they have actually seen the fairies.)

This makes me smile

Category: Behind the Fairy Doors, Camp, Fairies, Smile
Tags: , , , , ,

1. bethany | September 12, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Reply

that is so fabulous!!! love it … hope the fairies start leaving things around the house too …

• jill | September 12, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Reply

Oh, I suspect they do, but only the kids seem to see them…..

2. carrien (she laughs at the days) | September 12, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Reply

This whole series makes me smile. :)

I met you at blogher when you were having breakfast with Brenda and she keeps encouraging me to check out your bog because I would really like it.

Well, she’s absolutely right. This is lovely, and so creative.

Wondering now how our fairies could move themselves into our rental without the landlords minding. They’ve enjoyed the garden’s in the backyard for a while, but it’s getting cold soon… :)

• jill | September 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Reply

Oh, I’m so glad you liked it. I am still very new at this, so have a lot to learn from the very creative people like you!!! As for your fairies, I’ll bet if they bribed your landlord with fairy dust……

3. miranda souder | December 15, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Reply

do you think bryan will come to wisconsin on the fourth of july?? :)

• jill | December 15, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Reply

I hope so. We love having Bryan up (and all of our nieces and nephews) A regular soup of nieces and nephews!!

4. Pingback: The Pink Stuff - A Christmas Scene with Glasswax

5. Pingback: Easter 2 | What Will We Do Today?

6. Pingback: Easter 2 | What Will We Do Today?

7. Pingback: Home Sweet Garden Home - A Fairy Garden Tale

8. Pingback: Nine Ladies Dancing.

9. Tamica | November 23, 2016 at 7:40 am | Reply

I love your fairy stories. I would love for fairies to share my home. Please explain the room behind the door.