Fairy Gardening

I am a benevolent landlord.

My lessees have free electricity, free WiFi and free rent.

Very benevolent.

Of course, I really have no choice.

I rent to Fairies.

While I believe in Fairies, they evidently don’t believe in paying rent…

…and they are messy.

Look at the mess they made tracking dirt through the house.

After all, they have wings.  Why the tracks?

I had to find out more.

I peeked through the window to see what was going on.

Ahh.  It appears as though my little Fairy friends are getting ready to garden.

Still, they could have wiped their little feet.

If you have some little friends living in your walls, you might want to give them this template for seed packets.

Go ahead, it will make you feel good.

Click here to download a pdf of Miniature Garden Seed Packets.

Fairy Garden Seeds pdf

Category: Behind the Fairy Doors, Fairies
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Miranda Souder | May 7, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Reply

That is so cute! their footprints are so small.

• jill | May 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Reply

Yes, but look at the mess they made with their tiny, little, muddy feet!!!

2. SydneyJoTo | May 8, 2012 at 9:45 am | Reply

I LOVE this! I’ve always been in love with petite fairytales :)

• jill | May 8, 2012 at 10:10 am | Reply

Just imagine what would happen if we planted one of the beans…..

3. Pingback: Freebie | Miniature Seed Packet Template · Scrapbooking | CraftGossip.com

4. Kathy S | May 10, 2012 at 3:15 am | Reply

Thank you for these cute little envelopes – I am going to print them out for my granddaughters to use

• jill | May 10, 2012 at 6:50 am | Reply

You are more than welcome. Our Fairies are very busy little characters, so you will find some more Fairy helps in the next week!! Thanks for stopping by and have fun!! I’ll be sure to tell our Fairies hello from you!!

5. The Sparkly Fairy (Emma) | May 10, 2012 at 5:02 am | Reply

Thank you so much for the seed packets!

6. Ann | May 10, 2012 at 11:27 am | Reply

What a cute little idea, fairies living in the walls, maybe fairies will move into my walls!

• jill | May 10, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Reply

Oh, I do hope the fairies move into your walls. They make a bit of a racket, but they are very entertaining!! Thanks for popping by. More on the fairies next week I think…

7. MarciaG | May 12, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Reply

Love these little packets! Maybe having these around will encourage some renters ( or freeloaders) to move in here! Besides providing them a place to live, they will provide me an excuse for not being able to find things.

• jill | May 12, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Reply

I hope you do get some little …. er…..renters. You are right, they are the perfect foil!!

8. alexa | August 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Reply

wowwww that is sooooooooo cute:)

• jill | August 6, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Reply

Thanks. I’ll pass your response on to the fairies. They will be tickled (they tickle easily)

9. Veronica | December 29, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply

The doors are so cute. Where do I buy one?

• jill | December 29, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Reply

My sister, Karen, introduced us to our first door….but if you don’t know my sister, Karen you can find the doors at any store that sells miniatures. Here are a couple of links (I have no vested interest in any of these links). Good luck!! I can’t wait to hear about your fairies!!!

This door was pretty. Sort of like our door, but a little fancier:

link to mountainminiatures.com

This site had a lot of unfinished doors. I suspect this is where I would have purchased one if I didn’t have my sister in the wings…

link to the-doll-house-cafe.com

This site had a lot of doors as well. Seemed to have a few more models to choose from….so maybe I would have purchased from here…..

link to manhattandollhouse.com

10. elowezil | July 28, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Reply

These are just amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. I did my very first craft market last week and sell fairy gardens and kits of my handmade accessories. Would I be able to use your seed packets in my kits? They would be perfect. Check my blog if you’d like to see what I make. Thank you from New Zealand.

• jill | July 29, 2013 at 7:54 am | Reply

You are more than welcome. Of course, you know, the fairies really came up with the ideas….. Please do use the seed packets. I’m happy to share and so glad they are traveling the globe!! I did stop by your site and am madly in love!! You truly do live in paradise, and I love, love, love your fairy gardens! I suspect fairies love it there!! Good luck with your kits. I just know you will be wildly successful

Have a great day!! (although it might be night in New Zealand…I’m not sure…)

• elowezil | July 29, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Reply

Thanks so much Jill. I’m glad you like my fairy gardens too. Today I’m trying to make bicycles out of buttons and wire! Hmmmm … a lot of practice is obviously required still! (See my blog for pic.) Thanks again from a beautiful sunny midwinter day here in New Zealand.

11. Susie | February 4, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Reply

SO CUTE!

We have a couple of fairy gardens in our yard. And I will have to add these, once the snow melts.

I have a question about your door. Is there actually a room behind it? I am confused with the picture in the window? Do you change it around? Do you have more details. I love the idea.

Thanks,
    Susie

• jill | February 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm | Reply

Hi Susie! I’m so glad the fairies have set up home in your yard. You must be very nice for them to want to live there. Yes, behind the door in our front hallway, the fairies have taken up residence. It turns out our fairies tend to mimic what we do, so there is always something different behind the fairy door. Here are a couple of posts with more info on our fairies…. You can also type in Fairy in the Search bar on the site and see more of what our fairies are up to. Our fairies are mimic fairies, so tend to mimic what the humans are doing….

link to whatwillwedotoday.com
      link to whatwillwedotoday.com
      link to whatwillwedotoday.com

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!!

Have a great day

Jill

• Susie | February 6, 2014 at 9:52 am | Reply

Thanks.

So just so I am clear. Does the door open and you built a room between the studs that that you decorate? WOW. That is wonderful. I don’t think I could talk my husband into cutting into the wall.

Do the kids try to ope the door? Or is it just for peeking?

• jill | February 10, 2014 at 7:02 pm | Reply

Susie, sorry for the delay in responding. So….the Fairy Doors. Well, the door does not open, and the kids know better than to tap on it or try to open the door as it scares our timid little faerie folk (although someone did try to push some chicken bits through the transom – oops) I will send more complete detail to your email…since….the fairies don’t want their secrets broadcast!!! We do love having them in our home. Much entertainment for everyone!! (You’ll hear from me via email in a bit….)

Have a Great Day

Jill

12. Susie | February 10, 2014 at 8:04 pm | Reply

Great! Thank you. And yes we don’t want the secrets getting out!

13. Carolyn | April 6, 2014 at 12:52 am | Reply

I love this fairy idea. I have just been getting started with fairy in my home or school classroom. Been thinking I want to do this for my grand kids and then thought my preschoolers would enjoy it also. Please send me the information as well that you send to Susie. I would love the help getting started. Thank you in advance. Any other fairy info would be appreciated also.
    Precious,
    Carolyn

• jill | April 6, 2014 at 8:29 pm | Reply

Oh, I will be so happy to help. I’m in a big muddle at the moment, so will send to you as soon as I unwind!! (Packing…ugh)….. I’m so happy you are going to have fairy tenants!!

Have a great day!!