Crrrrranberries in the Snow (it is especially pleasing if you roll your R’s when you say it). This salad is such a pretty addition to your Holiday table (really, any fall or winter holiday), It’s pretty and refreshing and easy to make.
Check out the snowflake (yes, I did put the cranberries in the snow in the snow, and yes that is really, truly a snowflake)
Cranberries in the Snow
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 Cup Cold Water
- 32 oz Carton Small curd cottage cheese
- 14 oz Can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 16 oz Can Whole berry cranberry sauce (or 1 1/2 cups home-made cranberry sauce)
- In a sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- While gelatin mixture cools, combine cottage cheese, sweetened condensed milk and coconut.
- Stir in cooled gelatin.
- Spoon mixture into lightly oiled 6 cup ring mold (or several smaller molds for individual servings).
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto plate lined with leafy greens.
- Fill center with cranberry sauce.