Leprechaun Cupcake Trap

We were robbed.

IMG_5911-1-2

This very hammer was used to break in to our precious hoard of gold.

How could this have happened?  Read on, my friend.  Read on.

Leprechaun Cupcakes.001

A couple of days ago, I decided to create a new type of Leprechaun trap.  I figured any self-respecting Leprechaun would be enticed by gold hidden in the chocolatey depths of a festively decorated cupcake.

IMG_5961-1

What could possibly go wrong?

Leprechaun Cupcakes.001

Leprechaun Cupcakes.001

Leprechaun Cupcakes.003

Leprechaun Cupcakes.004

Leprechaun Cupcakes.005

Leprechaun Cupcakes.006

Leprechaun Cupcakes.007

Leprechaun Cupcakes.008

Leprechaun Cupcakes.009

Leprechaun Cupcakes.011

Oh, the cute cupcake sleeves?

There are two schools of thought with regard to trapping Leprechauns.  Some say that Leprechauns are suspicious and won’t be tricked into “free gold”.

cupcake sleeves.002

If that’s your belief, this cupcake wrapper is for YOU!

Some believe Leprechauns are too clever to be tricked.

cupcake sleeves.001

Just an innocent looking cupcake covered in shamrocks.

Some believe Leprechauns are very, very greedy.

cupcake sleeves.004

Could this be more obvious?

As for me.  I thought it would be funny to mock the “In an emergency, break glass” idea.

cupcake sleeves.003

Hysterical.  Right?

What were the odds that Leprechauns would have access to a teeny-timy hammer?  I felt confident that my M&M hoard was safe.

Leprechaun Cupcakes.013

I was wrong.

Leprechaun Cupcakes.014

I hadn’t realized that our resident fairies, quite without our knowledge, had decided to rent out their room through Fairybnb (a wholly owned subsidiary of Airbnb).  Clearly, the Leprechauns borrowed a teeny tiny hammer from our teeny tiny fairy friends.

Leprechaun Cupcakes.012

Foiled again.

Leprechaun Trap Cupcake Wrappers

Category: Behind the Fairy Doors, Create, Fairies, Holidays and Entertaining, St. Patrick's Day
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Nila @ The Tough Cookie | March 1, 2014 at 3:17 am | Reply

LOL! Funniest food blog post I’ve read in ages :)

Oh wait, I’m sorry, of course there is nothing funny about Leprechauns stealing your M&M’s.

• jill | March 1, 2014 at 11:15 am | Reply

Ha! You are right about the M&M’s! I think I’ll have to come up with a better plan….or tell the fairies they can’t have Leprechauns as guests….. Thanks for laughing. BTW, I stopped by YOUR blog http://thetoughcookie.com and am a fan….I am swooning over the cinnamon buns…….

Have a great day!

Jill

• Nila @ The Tough Cookie | March 9, 2014 at 2:18 pm | Reply

Hi Jill, thanks for visiting my blog! The cinnamon buns were amazing 😉

You have a great day too!

2. dina | March 1, 2014 at 3:07 pm | Reply

this is the cutest thing i’ve ever seen. very creative!

• jill | March 1, 2014 at 11:25 pm | Reply

Thank you! Now, I just need to figure out how to keep the hammer away from them!!

3. Gwen | November 9, 2014 at 1:11 am | Reply

Absolutely hilarious and utterly adorable!

• jill | November 9, 2014 at 7:06 pm | Reply

Thank you so much. I’ll pass on the nice comments to those leprechauns!!

4. Ruby Mora | June 20, 2016 at 11:17 pm | Reply

It was so much fun reading about your robbery and the secret rental. I bet it was fun writing a out it. I love making tiny stuff for my dollhouse and fairy garden. My husband laughs at me when I say that if I build it…they will come. I love Pintrest for geneous ideas but yours is the cutest pin I’ve had the pleasure of reading. Thank you so much for that.
    Sincerely,

• jill | June 20, 2016 at 11:51 pm | Reply

I totally agree with you! If you build it they certainly do come! It sounds like you’re having a ball. Keep it going! Thanks again!