U-Small – your moving and storage solution for fairies….

It’s been a crazy summer…

1939998_10203056304462159_1530618280767776930_n

Our daughter and son in law blessed us all with our ELEVENTH grand-child (welcome, Mary Claire).

We had some crazy packing, moving, staging schedules to deal with and ….

…after 20+ years of living on the lake, Mr. H. and I decided it was time to sell our home (anyone want a beautiful lake home?), scale down and move closer to family.

A logical move, but I must admit the decision has led to a fair amount of anxiety …

IMG_9462-2

Where will I put my hoard stuff?

Slide3

What will I do with my bed rotation charts?

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 7.41.19 AM

It is even possible to become a Bears fan again?

The grand-kids were very specific about their concerns ….

IMG_9461-2

Don’t forget to bring the cereal rack (the source of relatively healthy cereal)!!

IMG_9465

Don’t leave the star rug from the upstairs hall (unbeknownst to us, the rug is part of a rather complicated password system developed by, and administered by the kids)

and the biggest concern of all ….

Easter 2012 Fairy Door

Are the fairies moving with us?

Of course, we weren’t entirely sure what the fairies had in mind, but the kids took a peek during Camp.

IMG_9490-3

I wonder if they have some boxes we can borrow?

In case you happen to have some fairies who need some moving boxes….

U Small Template

Category: Behind the Fairy Doors, Create, Fairies
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Holly Gorden | November 25, 2014 at 8:20 am | Reply

Ooooooo, the question about the fairies is soooooo cute!!! Thank you for sharing your experience, you made me smile with that wonderful post! I hope everything went smooth with the moving!

• jill | November 28, 2014 at 8:46 pm | Reply

Thank you! Yes, the move went smooth and the fairies have joined us!! I’ll be posting in a couple of days, so keep checking back in. Now that I’ve moved, I’ll be a much better communicator!! Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by. I love my UK friends!!

2. Cheryl | May 27, 2015 at 8:32 am | Reply

Omg, this is so lovely!! The fairy part can make everyone smile, thank you for the sharing! Maybe now I will make some space for fairies in my home as well, such a wonderful idea!

• jill | May 30, 2015 at 8:09 am | Reply

Oh the fairies are so tiny, I am hoping they take up residence in your home!! Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to let me know how it goes with your fairies!!

3. Dorothy | June 2, 2015 at 11:19 pm | Reply

Just saw your fairies door and home. What a great idea. I’ve been seeing dragonflies around lately and suspect that fairies are afoot. I would like to provide a place for them.
    Would you consider sharing how you did the interior of the fairies home?
    Love the leprechaun trap.
    Dorothy

• jill | June 5, 2015 at 9:02 pm | Reply

Oh, if you are seeing dragonflies, you can be sure you will have fairies soon. If you will be a little patient, I will happily share some fairy interior ideas. We have two sons getting married in the next two weeks, so I’m rather consumed, but I will reach out to you directly as I find some time to give you some ideas!! It was nice hearing from you. Have a great day!

4. Dorothy | June 6, 2015 at 4:27 pm | Reply

Best wishes for the weddings.
    I am grateful for anything you share, whenever you have time.

Dorothy

5. Patricia | July 11, 2015 at 8:55 am | Reply

We just moved into a new home and heard hammering and sawing and did not know what it was until I found your delightful post We have fairies, too!

Please include me in any suggestions for fairy interior ideas, particularly if there is a template for the “U-Small” moving boxes.

This is brilliant!

• jill | July 13, 2015 at 8:18 am | Reply

How exciting that you may be getting some resident fairies at your home. They will certainly provide a lot of fun in your new home. I am going to attach the template for the U-small moving boxes to the original post, so keep checking and you can help your fairies out with their move. have a great day and a fun move.