Decadent Banana Pudding – Quick and Easy

If thinking about Banana Pudding conjurs up memories of questionable hospital food and disturbing buffet lines, it’s time to reclaim your pudding!!!

This recipe is sinfully good, easy to make and will satisfy your mid-winter sweet-tooth.  Just look at all the sunny yellow ingredients….

(Imagine my surprise when I realized I had picked up reduced fat Nilla Wafers.  Believe me, it was unintended.  As it happens, the pudding tasted just fine….go figure….)

The Most Decadent Banana Pudding - Quick and Easy

Ingredients

• 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 1/2 Cups Cold Water
  • 1 4 oz. Instant French Vanilla Pudding Mix (Vanilla Pudding will work just as well. You just can't use a French accent while you are making the recipe)
  • 2 Cups (1 Pint) Whipped Cream
  • 36 Vanilla Wafers
  • 3 Medium Bananas
  • 1 - 2 Lemons or Lemon Juice
  • 3 Tbsp. Demerara Sugar (raw, brown sugar)

If you want to add a little "spirit" (and you must be 21 to consume)

• 2 Tbsp Banana Liqueur
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours

Instructions

• In large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and water.
  • (Hey, it has water in it...how bad can this be)?
  • Add the pudding mix and beat well. Chill for 5 minutes.
  • (On another day, I will introduce my Grandma's Famous Decadent Banana Pudding. No pudding mix for Grandma....)
  • Fold in 2 cups of the whipped cream. (if you are serving this to adults, add the 2 tablespoons of banana liqueur to the whipped cream)
  • Doesn't this look luscious?
  • Evenly slice the bananas and lightly brush them with the lemon juice (to keep them from browning).
  • If you are lucky, you have one of these handy-dandy banana slicers in your kitchen gadget drawer.
  • TO SERVE: Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into 2 1/2 qt glass serving bowl. Top with one third each of wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat layers twice, ending with pudding. Chill thoroughly. Garnish with the brown sugar.
  • If you wish to serve the pudding in individual dishes, use the same sequence. Here, follow along:

Anything served in a pretty glass just CAN’T be unhealthy.

Can it?

Category: Cook, Desserts, Other Treats
Tags: , , , , ,

1. Baringer | February 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Reply

-I swear–you have the most beautiful–delicious–fun–funny web site—no clue where you find the time! This looks sooooooo amazing!!!

• jill | February 25, 2012 at 5:08 am | Reply

I fuel up with things like banana pudding….than……

2. Simply Tia | February 25, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Reply

Simple and elegant!!! Just my style – well the simple part. I must make this! They look deliiiiisssssssshhhh!

• jill | February 26, 2012 at 10:25 am | Reply

I can’t wait to hear how much you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this….(and, really, I’m not at all biased….)

3. massey | February 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Reply

I am so excited to see this recipe. I can’t wait to make it for my book club.

• jill | February 27, 2012 at 6:29 am | Reply

Enjoy!!!

4. April @ TheFlourishingAbode | February 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Reply

Looks delicious! And lovely presentation! I would certainly opt out of the spirits if I made it, but otherwise I love it! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• jill | February 27, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Reply

I totally understand leaving out the spirits. Only for an adult crowd….enjoy…. BTW, I love your site. I just jumped over. I know I will be visiting again soon….

5. Ashley | July 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Reply

Did you post your grandma’s pudding recipe yet? I’m looking to make an awesome banana pudding dessert for a friend in two weeks and was curious to see how difficult your grandma’s would be. 🙂

• jill | July 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Reply

Oh, thank you for reminding me. I will get it up in the next couple of days!!! Sorry for the delay. What a lucky person to have a friend who wants to make an awesome dessert. That makes me smile

6. robin | December 15, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Reply

I couldn’t find grandmas banana pudding recipe…did you post it?

• jill | December 16, 2013 at 6:44 am | Reply

Well, for goodness sake. Somehow I completely forgot to put Grandma’s recipe in the mix. I am so sorry! If you would like the recipe before I can find some nice ripe bananas for pics, just let me know and I’ll send you a picture-less version! Thanks for the heads-up….

Have a great day!

7. ciara | December 3, 2014 at 6:44 pm | Reply

I cant wait to try it I am going to try it with the liquor and see how it will turn out

• jill | December 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm | Reply

Oh, you will just love it (with the liquor). But, I’m a bit biased. So, let me know what you think!! Have a great day…